Thursday, December 2, 2010

One thing to be thankful for.

I am sitting in the bedroom I share with my wonderful husband, with time on my hands while my joyful little boy takes a nap. Now that I am growing another human inside of me, I spend less time rushing around trying to get things done, and more time taking it easily and slowly...and hoping I don't fall into laziness. But as I sit here in silence I hear God teaching me and showing me what he has done for me over time. Which is great, because I actually prayed for that today.
I used to isolate myself from everyone. I never wanted company, and if I was around anyone it would be a close friend...that would force their way into my life. When I met my husband, we isolated ourselves from people, which was mainly my fault because he had tons of friends that he loved. I was so nervous, and shy around others. Living that way lasted from a young age, all the way up until two years ago.
I am so thankful for Godly community now. God has worked through his people to love me, rebuke me, help me financially, and take the time to pour into me. God has worked through me to do the same to newer believers. That is one minute (but incredibly important) thing that God has done in me. I am completely changed by Gods love...in so many other ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment